Nucleic Acid Extraction
RapiPREP® is a low cost, high throughput sample preparation system which extracts the pathogen and/or PCR-ready pathogen nucleic acids from SARS-CoV-2. It is suitable for use with samples such as urine, throat or nasal swabs, blood, plasma, faeces and sputum. RapiPREP® combines a fast and highly efficient magnetic bead-based capture, washing and lysis of captured SARS-CoV-2 releasing PCR-ready nucleic acids.
- Speed: Extraction of nucleic acids is less than 10 min
- Convenience: No organic solvents, ethanol or isopropanol used in capture or wash
- Proven methodology: Verified with a number of viral and bacterial pathogens
- Patent: Extraction is patent protected
Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) Test for SARS-CoV-2
Our clinically validated LAMP Test for SARS-CoV-2 can detect the virus in less than 30 minutes with 99% specificity and sensitivity. The product is available as a high throughput, patient side format, or as a sample preparation kit for existing PCR laboratories. It gives laboratory performance and accuracy without the need for a full equipped laboratory and can be used with minimal training.
The advantages of the LAMP Test for SARS-CoV-2 kit are:
- Speed: Amplification time to result for LAMP is less than 30 min
- Convenience: The LAMP reagents, enzymes, primers and nucleotides are provided in two easily combined master mixes
- Sensitivity: 5 μl from sample extraction is added to the LAMP reaction tube
- Proven methodology: Including capturing viral RNA targets such as norovirus and SARS-CoV-2
- Robust performance: Produces accurate results even with short fragments of viral RNA that can occur through degradation in biological samples
- Compatibility: Works with established instrumentation and methods such as LAMP and PCR, and suitable for automation